San Diego City Requirements, Policies & Procedures to Qualify for Discounted City Resident Green Fees
A City Resident Photo Golf ID Card is requirement. The Old Resident IDs issued WITHOUT a photo are no longer valid for obtaining resident green fee discounts.
To qualify for the “discounted” City resident green fees you MUST check-in with one of the NEW Resident Photo Golf ID Cards (issued by the City), AND your tee time has to have been made by using one of the player’s assigned – “Resident Computer Reservation System Number.”
If you are a City Resident and already had one of these numbers, you will be assigned the same number when you get your NEW Resident Photo Golf ID Card.
The other residents in the group may also get the “discounted” resident green fees by showing the starter their own NEW Resident Photo Golf ID Card.
NOTE: Non-residents in the same group WILL NOT qualify for a green fee discount when playing with City residents.
NOTE: Non-residents (AND residents WITHOUT the NEW Resident Photo Golf ID Card) will be required to use a credit card to make a tee time reservation. The automated reservation system will immediately apply a non-refundable charge for ALL green fees. A “one time” per year exception to the non-refundable policy will be honored to accommodate unavoidable cancellations and emergencies.
How to obtain a Resident ID Card
Annual City resident ID cards are available for $25 and may be obtained via our online verification and payment portal 24 hours a day, seven days a week, or in person at Torrey Pines Golf Course, Balboa Park Golf Course or Mission Bay Golf Course during limited operating hours.
Residency can be demonstrated with one of the five documents below:
- Permanent California driver’s license (PO box is NOT an acceptable address);
- California automobile registration (City address only, PO box is NOT an acceptable address);
- Property tax bill (Must show a City address. Must be current and in your name.) (Trusts require
documentation showing who created the trust, and the documentation must be notarized.);
- Active duty military ID card – stationed in San Diego (agreement is acceptable); or
- Current student ID card from a city of San Diego high school or college (Must be a full-time student at
a brick-and-mortar campus. Official class schedule required as documentation).
- Business addresses in the City of San Diego do not qualify proprietors for Resident ID cards
It must then be renewed every 12 months.
You may also go in person to purchase your resident ID Card on a “Walk-in Basis” at the Golf Operations Offices of Torrey Pines, Mission Bay or Balboa Park Golf Courses: Monday – Friday: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
San Diego Golf Reservations Procedures and Policies for RESIDENT Services
1. In order for San Diego Golf Reservations to “personalize” a tee time in your assigned “Computer Reservation System Number” so that you can qualify for discounted resident green fees you must submit your request to us at least 8 days in advance. Torrey Pines releases tee times 7 days in advance and that is normally our only opportunity to personalize a tee time in your resident number.
2. In addition to telling us your preference for which course (North/South, Mission Bay or Balboa Park) and the time you’d like to play, you must define a window in which you are willing to play within and you must be willing to accept a tee time on either the North or South Course.
We WILL NOT reserve a tee time for you that is outside your window and you WILL NOT be charged our coordination fee.
NOTE: The larger or later in the day the window of time you are willing to play within…the better our chances of getting you a personalized tee time and discounted resident green fees.
3. We will try our best to get you a tee time personalized in your “Computer Reservation System Number” for the time and course of your preference. However, you must agree in advance to accept whatever tee time we are able to get for you within your defined window on either course.
Since we cannot change the resident number or pass along a tee time booked in your personal resident number to another resident or visitor who may be on our Advance Reservation List behind you … if the tee time is within the window you defined, the tee time is yours and our coordination service is complete.
4. Due to the following check-in requirement at Torrey Pines, Mission Bay and Balboa Park Golf Courses we have established the following San Diego Golf Reservation Policy:
In order for any player within a group to use a resident tee time, the player whose “Computer Reservation System Number” was used to make the tee time MUST be present to check-in with his NEW Resident Photo Golf ID Card. If not, none of the players in the group may use the tee time.
NOTE: Our Call Center is electronically connected in “real time” with San Diego’s best golf courses. With one call we can search for and coordinate a tee time for any number of players at most of the other golf courses. This golf coordination service is complimentary. See course listing and prices.